Lock your work space
If your BlackBerry device uses BlackBerry Balance technology to separate your work and personal
activity, you can lock your work space and continue to access personal files, personal apps, and
personal data in the personal space on your device.
You might be able to use the same password for your work space password and your device password,
depending on the rules set by your administrator.
You might not be able to set a simple password to lock your device depending on the rules set by your
1. If you don't have a work space password, to create one, on the home screen, swipe down from the
top of the screen. Tap
Settings > BlackBerry Balance. Do one of the following:
• To set a work space password composed of characters and numbers, turn on the
Password switch. Type a password. If you want to use the same password for your device
password, turn on the
Use as my device password switch.
• To set a quick work space password composed of numbers only, turn on the
switch. Type a password.
2. On the home screen, swipe down from the top of the screen.
• To immediately lock your work space, tap .
• To automatically lock your work space after a set amount of time, tap Settings > BlackBerry
Balance. In the Lock Work Space After drop-down list, select a time interval.
Take care to remember your work space password. If you forget your password, contact your
administrator to have it reset. If you exceed the number of allowed attempts to enter your work space
password, your work space and all of its contents are deleted.