Set up BlackBerry Protect on your device
Your BlackBerry ID username must be a valid email address.
To use BlackBerry Protect, your BlackBerry device must be connected to a wireless network.
1. On the home screen, swipe down from the top of the screen.
2. Tap Settings > BlackBerry Protect.
3. Turn on the BlackBerry Protect switch.
4. If prompted, sign in with your BlackBerry ID.
5. If prompted, confirm that your BlackBerry ID username is a valid email address.
6. To be able to view the current location of your device on a map, tap Location Services. Turn on the
Location Services switch.
To use the BlackBerry Protect features, go to
and sign in with your
To turn off BlackBerry Protect, on your device, turn off the BlackBerry Protect switch. Enter the
password for your BlackBerry ID. Tap