Charge your device
Before you start using your BlackBerry device, you should charge it because the battery that came with
your device isn't fully charged.
Charge your device using the charger provided by BlackBerry in the box that your device came in. You
can also charge your device using a USB cable connected to a computer, but charging might take
CAUTION: Other chargers might not provide adequate power and might damage your device.
Hold the cable with the BlackBerry logo (
) facing the front of the device, and connect the cable into
the USB port on your device. Plug the charger into a power outlet.
Keeping your battery charged
Your BlackBerry device uses a lithium-ion battery. To maximize your use of this type of battery, when
possible, do the following:
• Avoid using your device while it's charging to help it charge faster.
• Charge your device often, even when the battery charge isn't low.
• Avoid charging, using, or storing your device in extremely hot or cold places, such as on a vehicle
• Avoid leaving your device turned off with a low battery power level for an extended period of time.
• If your device has a removable battery and you aren't using your device for more than a few days,
partially charge the battery. You can then remove the battery and store it in a dry place at room
temperature to conserve battery power.