Select text using the BlackBerry Keyboard
The BlackBerry Keyboard provides several ways to highlight and select text.
1. Highlight the text you want to select:
• On the screen, touch and hold the word.
2. To expand the text selection, do one of the following:
• To automatically select more text, continue to touch and hold the text on the screen. Your
selection expands from a word to a sentence, and from a sentence to a paragraph the longer you
• Tap to expand the selection to a word.
• Tap to expand the selection to a whole paragraph.
• To select more published text, such as in a browser or PDF file, move the cursor indicator handles
to highlight the whole section of text.
• To select more text in a text editor, such as an email message, place the cursor at the beginning
of the text you want to select. Touch and hold
and drag the circle of interest on the screen to
highlight the whole section of text.
To dismiss the selection, tap anywhere on the screen.