Sharing your Internet connection using Mobile Hotspot mode
This feature lets you connect your devices to the Internet anywhere that your BlackBerry device has a
mobile network connection, but because this feature uses the mobile network, you might incur high data
On some mobile networks, services such as email and BBM might not be available while Mobile Hotspot
mode is on.
After you set up Mobile Hotspot mode on your BlackBerry device, connecting to the mobile hotspot with
a Wi-Fi enabled device is a lot like connecting to any regular router.
Before you use Mobile Hotspot mode, read the latest safety and product information at
Use Mobile Hotspot mode to share your Internet connection
Before you turn on Mobile Hotspot mode, check that your BlackBerry device's connection to the mobile
network is on.
1. On the home screen, swipe down from the top of the screen.
2. Tap Settings > Networks and Connections > Mobile Hotspot.
3. If you've never used Mobile Hotspot mode before, complete the instructions on the screen. Read the
screens carefully as they provide important information about the Mobile Hotspot feature. Remember
your Mobile Hotspot password for later.
4. Turn on the Mobile Hotspot switch.
5. Accept a request from another device to connect to your mobile hotspot.
The user of the device connecting to your mobile hotspot must know the name of your mobile hotspot
and the password you set during the setup process.