Troubleshooting: Mobile Hotspot mode
I can't use my device as a mobile hotspot
• Check that you're connected to the mobile network. If appears in the upper-right corner of the
home screen, then the mobile network is on and connected.
• Check that your wireless service plan is set up to use Mobile Hotspot mode. If not, you need to
change your service plan before Mobile Hotspot mode can work on your BlackBerry device.
• Your wireless service provider might not allow the use of Mobile Hotspot mode while roaming. For
more information, check your service plan or contact your wireless service provider.
• If your wireless service plan supports the use of Mobile Hotspot mode while roaming, on the
Networks and Connections > Mobile Network settings screen, check that the Data Services
switch is on and the option in the
Data services while roaming drop-down list is set to On.
• If you're using your device for work, your organization might not allow the use of Mobile Hotspot
mode. For more information, check with your administrator.
I can't connect multiple devices to my mobile hotspot
Depending on your wireless service plan, you might not be able to connect multiple devices to your
mobile hotspot, or the number of devices you can connect might be less than eight.