Troubleshooting: Mobile network
I can't connect to the mobile network
Try the following solutions:
• Check that airplane mode is off. If airplane mode is on, the option to turn on the mobile network is
unavailable. To turn off airplane mode, on the home screen, swipe down from the top of the screen.
Settings. Turn off the Airplane Mode switch.
• Check that the connection to the wireless network is on. To check your connection, on the home
screen, swipe down from the top of the screen. Tap
Settings > Networks and Connections >
Mobile Network. Check that the Mobile Network switch is on.
• Check that your BlackBerry device is connected to your service provider's network. If you switched
wireless networks manually, your device remains connected to that wireless network until you select
your service provider's network again.
• If your device uses a SIM card, verify that it is correctly inserted into your device.
• If your device normally connects to a CDMA network and your device supports international roaming,
check that your device is in roaming mode and that your SIM card is correctly inserted into your
• Contact your service provider to check whether your device is network locked. If your device is
network locked, your device can make a mobile network connection only with your current service
provider. Ask your service provider for an unlock code. Tap
Settings > Security and Privacy >
SIM Card. In the Phone Network Lock section, tap a locked item. Enter the unlock code.