Typing in Vietnamese
The Vietnamese keyboard supports the following features:
• The Vietnamese language has more characters in the alphabet than there are keys on the keyboard.
As a result, some keys have more than one native character on one key. You might need to use the
keyboard mapping guide to determine how to access the second and third characters on each key.
• Word prediction and flicking word suggestions up onto the screen (if you have this feature turned on).
• To type an uppercase character, you can press and press a letter.
• To type an accented version of a character, you can press and hold the primary character. Then, you
can select the accented character.
• Accented characters are available for E, O, A, and D.
• To type a symbol, tap
. To view more symbols, tap