Moving or copying media files and documents
You can drag and drop documents, pictures, videos, music, and other files by using your BlackBerry
device as a drive on your computer.
You can also use BlackBerry Link to keep your media files and documents in sync between your device
and your computer. To download BlackBerry Link, on your computer, visit
. For more information about synchronizing media files and documents, see the Help in
Tip: To locate files on your device, if you know the file or folder name, tap to search for it.
Transfer files between your computer and device using a USB connection
1. Using a USB cable, connect your BlackBerry device to your computer.
2. If necessary, enter your device password.
Your device and media card appear as drives on your computer.
3. Go to the files or folders that you want to copy.
4. Drag and drop the files or folders.
Transfer files between your computer and device using a Wi-Fi connection
You must set a new storage access password each time that you turn on access to storage using a Wi-
Fi network. Before files are moved over a Wi-Fi network, you are prompted to enter the storage access
1. On the home screen of your BlackBerry device, swipe down from the top of the screen.
2. Tap Settings > About.
3. In the Category drop-down list, tap Network. Make note of the IPv4 address.
4. Tap .
5. Tap Storage and Access.
6. Turn on the Access using Wi-Fi switch.
7. Type a storage access password.
8. Tap Identification on Network and make note of the Username.
9. On your computer, do one of the following:
• If your computer uses a Windows operating system, in a Run command, type the IP address using
the following format: \\xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.
• If your computer uses a Mac operating system, click
Go > Connect to Server. Type the IP
address using the following format: smb://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.
10.Go to the files or folders that you want to copy.
11.When prompted, enter the username and storage access password.
12.Drag and drop the files or folders.