Restore your device to its factory default settings using BlackBerry Link
If you restore your BlackBerry device to its default settings, BlackBerry Link deletes all of the data and
third-party applications from your device. Any IT policies that are applied to your device are also deleted.
After you restore your device to its default settings, you can run the setup application on your device to
begin using the device again.
Before you begin, you should back up your data so that you have a copy on your computer.
CAUTION: You can't stop the process of restoring your device to its default settings after you start it. If
you reset your device, the process continues after the device restarts.
1. On your computer, open BlackBerry Link.
2. Connect your device to your computer using a USB cable.
3. At the side of the BlackBerry Link window, click your device.
4. Do one of the following:
• On a Windows computer, click
Back Up & Restore. Click Factory Reset.
• On a Mac computer, at the top of the screen, click
BlackBerry Link > Preferences. Click Reload