Deleting the data on your BlackBerry device
After you transfer data to your new BlackBerry 10 device, consider deleting all of the data on your
previous BlackBerry device. A security wipe is designed to permanently delete your data so it can't be
recovered. This includes email accounts, downloaded apps, media files, documents, browser
bookmarks, and settings.
When the security wipe is completed, your device turns off automatically. To turn on your device, press
the Power/Lock key.
Wipe the data on devices running the BlackBerry OS (version 5.0 - 7.1)
1. On the home screen of your device, tap the Options app.
2. Tap Security or Security Options.
3. Tap Security Wipe.
4. Select the items that you want to delete.
5. Type blackberry.
6. Tap Wipe Data or Wipe.
Wipe the data on devices running the BlackBerry 10 OS
1. On the home screen, swipe down from the top of the screen.
2. Tap Settings.
3. Tap Security and Privacy > Security Wipe.
4. Type blackberry.
5. Tap Delete Data.
If you're planning to give away or recycle your device, remember to also remove your SIM card and
Setup and basics