Transfer data using a media card and the Device Switch app
This data transfer method is available if you switch from a BlackBerry device running the BlackBerry OS
(version 5.0 to 7.1) or the BlackBerry 10 OS.
Only the data saved in the storage space on your previous device or on the media card is transferred.
Any data that is wirelessly backed up or synchronized with a web-based account isn't transferred to
your new device. This method is designed to move the data in your personal space but not the data in
your work space.
1. On your new BlackBerry 10 device, download the Device Switch app. To find the Device Switch app,
on your device, visit the BlackBerry World storefront, or
2. On your previous device, download the Device Switch app.
3. On your previous device, open the Device Switch app.
4. On your previous device, tap Next > Transfer via Media Card > Back Up to Media Card.
5. When the backup is complete, remove the media card from your previous device and insert it into
your new device.
6. On your new device, in the Device Switch app, tap Next > Transfer via Media Card > Restore from
7. Complete the instructions on the screen.
Setup and basics