Transfer data using BlackBerry Link on a computer
This data transfer method is available if you switch from a BlackBerry device running the BlackBerry OS
(version 5.0 to 7.1) or the BlackBerry 10 OS. You can use BlackBerry Link to transfer data and settings,
such as phone history, media files, browser bookmarks, and more, to your new BlackBerry 10 device.
BlackBerry Link is designed to move the data in your personal space but not the data in your work
Only the data saved in the storage space on your previous device is transferred. Any data that is
wirelessly backed up or synchronized with a web-based account isn't transferred to your new device.
1. On your computer, download and install BlackBerry Link from
2. Open BlackBerry Link.
3. Connect your current BlackBerry device to your computer using a USB cable.
4. Complete the instructions on the screen.
5. When prompted, connect your new BlackBerry 10 device to your computer using a USB cable.
6. Complete the instructions on the screen.